Aerogard® – These racked & loose filter tips offer effective aerosol protection and are available in a diverse range of tip styles including low retention, gel-loading and large volume options.
They are sterilised by either e-beam or gamma radiation and are not recommended for autoclaving. The volume range is 0.1µl-10ml.
As its name suggests, the Aerogard range of filter tips provides superb protection of your pipette from sample aerosols and the carry-over effects that can otherwise occur. They are perfect for applications such as PCR as well as handling radioisotopes, serological samples and viruses. The choice of filter tips encompasses the following:
- Standard filter tips for PCR and other applications in the volume range 0.1-1,250µl
- Wide bore “Cell Saver” Tips in the volume range 20-1000µl
- Low retention tips for protein work in the volume range 0.5-1,000µl
- Gel-loading tips for electrophoresis in the volume range 0.5-100µl
- Large volume tips in the volume range 5-10ml
Tips are supplied sterile in sturdy racks with lift-off lid. A number of products are also available in loose, sterile format or individually wrapped sterile tips for handy,single use. With so many options, there is bound to be a tip to suit any application or pipette in the Life Science Laboratory.
Manufactured from the highest quality polypropylene and fitted with a polyethylene filter of ~25µm, all tips are certified by an independent laboratory to be free of DNase, RNase, DNA and Pyrogens. We would not recommend autoclaving as a method of re-sterilisation.