Sample Transport Seminar - Training for UN3373 Compliance
Training for UN3373 Compliance and Safe Transport of Biological Samples
Often, in today’s busy laboratories many biohazardous samples are sent through the post or by courier, to central testing facilities. Trying to understand all the details of how to package these samples to ensure compliance with UN3373 regulations can be difficult.
Correct and compliant packaging is essential to guarantee samples reach their destination in good condition, and that the safety of personnel handling the parcel along its route is not compromised.
Learn how to prevent risks, ensure your compliance and meet your responsibilities for bio-packaging by attending an Alpha Laboratories Sample Transport Seminar.
What is a Sample Transport Seminar?
Alpha Laboratories offers a training programme known as a Sample Transport Seminar.
The programme is focussed on the UN3373 regulations and the Transport of Biological Substances, Category B.
Presented by an Alpha Technical Specialist, certified in The Carriage of Diagnostic and Infectious Substances, through a CAA approved course, the training can help you to understand your responsibilities in packaging samples for transport. Through a combination of presentations and practical activities you will learn valuable information on how to ensure your samples are always packaged in a compliant manner.
Why Participate in a Sample Transport Seminar?
- Are you mailing human or animal samples?
- Are you responsible for packaging human or animal samples?
- Are you confused as to what category of dangerous goods your samples should be allocated to?
- Do you find the UN3373 packaging instructions confusing?
- Do you ever receive samples in poor condition which you are unable to test?
- Have you ever had to re-send samples as they didn’t reach their destination in good condition?
- Are you a Safety Officer responsible for Health and Safety in the laboratory?
If the answer is ‘Yes’ to any of these questions, Sample Transport Seminars could benefit you and/or your colleagues.
At the Sample Transport Seminars You Will Learn:
- Your responsibilities when packaging samples for transport and the risks associated with non-compliance
- How to classify human or animal samples according to the dangerous good regulations
- How to package samples to UN3373 standards for air (IATA) or road (ADR) transport requirements
- What is meant by exempt samples
- How to correctly package temperature sensitive samples
- Correct labelling procedures
- About different types of packaging which are available
Seminars are charged at £500 per course and are held on-site at your own premises, at a time and venue which is convenient to you.
The trainer is an Alpha Technical Specialist certified in the Carriage of Diagnostic and Infectious Substances, through a CAA approved course. .
Seminars will usually last around 2 hours.
How do I Arrange a Sample Transport Seminar?
All you need is a group of 10-16 colleagues who are interested in attending.
You can then complete the on-line enquiry form below to request a Sample Transport Seminar at your site.
Your local Alpha representative will then call you to discuss your needs and make the arrangements.
Each participant will receive a free 'Journey to Compliance' wallchart showing the routes to compliant packaging for samples dependent on their classification and mode of transport.
It is a useful tool to hang on your wall for reference.