Training for Better Pipetting Performance, Ergonomics and Safety
Pipetting is the most common laboratory technique, yet it is frequently overlooked when it comes to user training.
A pipette’s performance is heavily dependent on the skill and expertise of the operator so incorrect handling can compromise the quality of results and cause repetitive strain injuries.
What is Pipetting Academy?
To help you achieve the best pipetting performance, Alpha Laboratories offers a training programme known as Pipetting Academy™. This is run in partnership with Sartorius, the world leaders in liquid handling technology. The programme brings together the ideas and experiences of Sartorius’ technical specialists, third party consultants and end-users. Through a combination of videos, presentations and practical activities you will learn valuable information on how to improve your pipetting practice.
How do I Arrange a Pipetting Academy Seminar?
All you need is a group of 10-20 colleagues who are interested in attending. You can then complete the on-line form below to request a Pipetting Academy at your site. Your local Alpha representative will then call you to discuss your needs and make the arrangements.
Why Participate in a Pipetting Academy Seminar?
- Are you concerned about the accuracy and precision of your own or your colleague’s pipetting?
- Do your results vary between different lab personnel?
- Do you know which technique to use with different types of liquids?
- Do you adopt the correct posture when pipetting to maintain comfort and safety?
- Do you ever suffer pain in your hand or arm when pipetting?
- Are you a Safety Officer responsible for health and safety in the lab?
If the answer is ‘Yes’ to any of these questions, Pipetting Academy could benefit you and/or your colleagues.
At the Pipetting Academy Seminars You Will:
- Find out the influence of pipetting techniques and environmental factors on test results.
- Get practical training on pipetting techniques to help you achieve more accurate & precise results.
- Be guided through the essentials of laboratory ergonomics.
- Gain a better understanding of the ergonomic risks of pipetting in the laboratory environment.
- Learn how to minimise these risks by choosing appropriate working postures, liquid handling instruments and accessories
- Be able to instruct your employees on how to avoid strain injuries and make work more enjoyable.
Choose the Right Seminar:
Pipetting Academy™ Essentials
The Pipetting Academy Essentials Seminar is provided free of charge and held on-site at your company premises at a time and venue which is convenient to you.
The trainers are Alpha and Sartorius ISO9001 certified specialists with a wealth of experience in liquid handling. Each participant will have a one-to-one session with the trainer during which their pipetting skills will be assessed for accuracy and precision and they can ask any questions they may have. They will also receive a certificate of attendance for their training record.
NEW Pipetting Academy™ Advanced
Alpha Laboratories now offer Pipetting Academy Advanced Seminars tailored to the requirements of your laboratory. The following modules are available to choose from:
• Advanced Pipetting Techniques
• Pipette Service
• Advanced Ergonomics
• Cell Culture Techniques
Extra Benefits of the Pipetting Academy™ Advanced
Build your own seminar by choosing only the modules you require and receive more hands-on sessions structured around your unique requirements. Each participant will receive a certificate of training for the sessions they attend along with Module handouts at the end of each Academy.
An academy made up of 2 or more modules can be accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Sciences for Continuing Professional Development (CPD). The CPD Creditation Quick Reference Guide provides guidelines on how to apply for this.
Following the Advanced seminar, you will also be given access to our on-line support site which has a wide range of educational videos and presentations to remind you of the essential points of the training.
To book a Pipetting Academy, please complete the form below and specify which seminar you are interested in.